Kern Medical is a regional leader in diagnosing and treating disorders of the endocrine system, working with the newest therapies and the most effective treatment innovations.
From diabetes to thyroid problems, endocrine disorders impair your body’s ability to produce and release the hormones central to your health and functioning. Much of our work is aimed at finding out what isn’t working and tailoring a treatment plan that meets the individual patient’s needs.
Endocrinology treats diseases related to the body’s hormone-producing glands, including those linked to body’s metabolism. The most commonly affected glands or organs are the:
- Endocrine pancreas
Our endocrinologists and support staff apply the latest in knowledge and medical developments in helping our patients managing their lives. We treat diabetes Types 1 and 2, with expertise in insulin pumps and diabetes in pregnancy. Our state-of-the-art services include thyroid and ultrasound biopsies. We encourage patients to play an active role in following their treatment plans, and we maintain a strong emphasis on patient education.
Diabetes patients, for example, have a full range of options in group and individual training classes on diet control and insulin management. Whatever the condition, we make sure you understand your medication requirements, dietary precautions, and lifestyle options.
We offer treatment for:
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Lipid disorders
- Osteoporosis and other bone conditions
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (COS)
- Menopause, amenorrhea
- Pediatric endocrine disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Pituitary tumors
- Underactive pituitary or hypopituitarism
- Thyroid disorders, including thyroid nodules and cancer
- Overactive Thyroid Gland
- Underactive Thyroid Gland
- Overactive parathyroid glands and other disorders
- Acromegaly: excessive production of growth hormone
- Obesity and weight loss – follow-up after gastric bypass or other weight loss surgeries