Salary and Benefits
*On-duty meals provided while at Kern Medical.
Seventeen (17) vacation days per year.
Eight (8) sick days per year.
- Health, Dental, and Vision: Payroll deduction for your portion of the cost. Medical insurance is a Point of Service plan. Dental insurance is a choice between a Point of Service plan and an HMO plan.
- Physician Impairment: Assistance is available for personal problems that may affect your personal or occupational life.
- Life Insurance: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Disability Insurance: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Deferred Compensation: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Credit Union: Available for payroll deductions, saving, loans, and other financial services.
- Malpractice Insurance.
- Medical care for resident, spouse and children at Kern Medical.
- Lounge for resident staff.
- $1,500 stipend travel, medical license fees, books, educational resources, exam reimbursements.
- Residents listed as first authors on research will receive additional travel reimbursement for national conferences that they choose to present at.
- Travel reimbursement and accommodations will be provided for rotations at Cedars-Sinai and Valley Children’s hospital.
- In-house certification/recertification for ACLS/BLS/PALS/NRP/ATLS
- Medical Language Certification with additional benefits for those fluent in Spanish, Tagalog, and Punjabi
There are numerous moonlighting opportunities available for ER residents within Bakersfield
- Residents PGY2 and above may moonlight within our ER fast track section, perform sports physicals, or serve as high school game doctors for $100/hour
- Residents PGY3 and above can moonlight outside of our hospital at various urgent cares in the community with starting salaries of $100/hr
- PGY4 residents can moonlight at outside community ERs with starting salaries of $150/hr
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.