Salary and Benefits
*On-duty meals provided while at Kern Medical.
Seventeen (17) vacation days per year.
Eight (8) sick days per year.
- Health, Dental, and Vision: Payroll deduction for your portion of the cost. Medical insurance is a Point of Service plan. Dental insurance is a choice between a Point of Service plan and an HMO plan.
- Physician Impairment: Assistance is available for personal problems that may affect your personal or occupational life.
- Life Insurance: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Disability Insurance: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Deferred Compensation: Available in varying amounts (optional).
- Credit Union: Available for payroll deductions, saving, loans, and other financial services.
- Malpractice Insurance.
- Medical care for resident, spouse and children at Kern Medical.
- Lounge for resident staff.
- $1,500 stipend travel, medical license fees, books, educational resources, exam reimbursements.
- Residents listed as first authors on research will receive additional travel reimbursement for national conferences that they choose to present at.
- Travel reimbursement and accommodations will be provided for rotations at Cedars-Sinai and Valley Children’s hospital.
- In-house certification/recertification for ACLS/BLS/PALS/NRP/ATLS
- Medical Language Certification with additional benefits for those fluent in Spanish, Tagalog, and Punjabi
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.